Author Topic: My U.S. Abarth  (Read 3089 times)

Offline AbarthJim

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
My U.S. Abarth
« on: November 22, 2016, 04:55:39 AM »
Those of you in the EU and Australia are so lucky. In the U.S. the 124 Abarth is missing about a dozen features available to you, including the Monza exhaust, the seat embroidery, and the red tach stripe on the steering wheel (which I especially like).  It's less expensive in the U.S. though. I just added a Heritage black matte vinyl wrap from a local shop and the Abarth side badges.  I plan on adding the red mirrors and red lower front lip next week. I had to order the latter from the UK. 

Sigh, Fiat really threw the U.S. under the bus.

Offline Genga

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: My U.S. Abarth
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 08:10:41 AM »
I kinda feel as if that car needs a big spoiler on the back ;D

Do like the look of it though

Offline Bertie

• Founder Of AOC
  • Administrator
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
    • Abarth Owners Club
  • Registration Number: F5 BSB
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 03:16:46 PM »
Nice car!

I didnt know it lacked some of our options though!

You do have the monza exhaust though dont you?

You do get a reversing camera though which I am jealous of!!
Abarth 124 Spider | San Marino Black | Visibility Pack | Bose Audio | Satnav | #280 of 2000

Offline AbarthJim

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 03:47:41 AM »
Bertie.

No, we don't get the Monza exhaust. They did give  us something a bit louder than the other two trims. The sound has mixed reviews, and some think it's too mild. There is a rumor that we may get the Monza eventually.

Also, the red Brembo brakes are not available at the moment. Perhaps next spring or summer its been said. Next week I'm getting red high performance 6-piston Wilwood brakes installed. They are manufactured here in California.

I do have the back camera and side traffic alert. I also have heated seats, 9-speaker Bose, and a few other goodies.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 03:49:58 AM by AbarthJim »

Offline rsk289

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 04:38:28 PM »
Great shame you don't get the Monza exhaust.  For me that really makes the car - perhaps not so much while it's running, but the initial startup sound is so different from anything else around of comparable standing.
Had the car up on the lift before using it to do some extra wax injection and anti-corrosion work on the suspension (don't want all those lovely cast aluminium bits oxdising too soon), and was quite surprised by the wonderfully twisty stainless pipework of the Monza.  Beautiful piece of work.