Author Topic: Any idea what this is?  (Read 2699 times)

Offline rsk289

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Any idea what this is?
« on: November 19, 2016, 08:41:49 PM »
My 124 has a strange plastic block about 1" square immediately to the left of the two USB ports in the centre console.  It has a tag of which plastic 'paper' fixed behind it which is annoying me and looks a bit rubbish.  I can't pull the white tag out (it looks like paper, but won't tear) - anybody know what this block is?  Do I lever it out with a screwdriver to try to remove the white paper?  Don't want to damage anything...

Offline Denzel

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Re: Any idea what this is?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 09:22:48 PM »
That's the slot for the SD card if you want to have the  Sat-Nav feature.  Push the cover in and down on the top edge to pop it out.

Offline rsk289

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 09:59:01 PM »
Thanks - tried pressing it every way, but it doesn't move.  Do I need to get a small screwdriver in the very small slot in the top of it to lever it out?  I'd really like to get rid of this bit of white plastic that seems to be trapped behind it.

Offline rsk289

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 10:08:28 PM »
Yep, sorted it - I just needed to get something in the small slot at the back and pull the rubber cover forwards.  Removed the sandwiched bit of plastic and pushed it back, now fine!
I don't have satnav in mine - can't stand them, and use my phone if really stuck, so won't be needing the slot anyway.
Thanks for the advice!