Author Topic: Not a 124 Spider  (Read 3406 times)

Offline blaird03

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Not a 124 Spider
« on: November 16, 2016, 07:08:00 PM »
So i have been interested in the Abarth 124 Spider to replace me 2014 Audi TT  (also have 595 Turismo).
Having had a test drive at launch and I was so wanting to get a deal, but ultimately  the car is overpriced for what it is.
Do think the prices will come down or a large engine will go in.
Ended up ordering a 2017 Audi TTS - with a great spec - for £35k - £10k more that what the current 124 Spider is worth (in my opinion),

Offline imapadlock

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Re: Not a 124 Spider
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 08:42:42 PM »
Ive said this about this car since it came out. You can now see delivery miles cars for sale on autotrader for 28k and less. I dont want to appear negative, its a lively drive etc. I just think the price point was wrong from the off.

Offline Tommy0410

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 04:15:10 PM »
i thought audi tts started at 39-40k
if not I'm interested to know where you have ordered it from ;) :)
Abarth 500 2009.
Youtube: Fuel Throttle   
Instagram: fuel_throttle

Offline blaird03

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 06:45:26 PM »
i thought audi tts started at 39-40k
if not I'm interested to know where you have ordered it from ;) :)

You can get 15% - 17% discount (which includes £4350 finance discount).
Most dealers will match internet broker websites - try orangewheels or carwow

Offline Richard H

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: LL16 PXK
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 09:24:15 PM »
Ive said this about this car since it came out. You can now see delivery miles cars for sale on autotrader for 28k and less. I dont want to appear negative, its a lively drive etc. I just think the price point was wrong from the off.

I agree, the FIAT 124 is around £21k, depending on spec, so I think the Abarth should start at around £25k

I'm not sure that they'll put a different engine in, it'll be getting near to 4 C territory, if only in price!

Offline rsk289

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 10:51:13 AM »
There are some 124 Abarths 'available immediately' on Autotrader for anything from £29-34k.  The dealer I am buying from was very keen to point out that I'd got the 'introductory deal' of 29k, 'five thousand discount' as he put it.  So what are they actually going to ask for them once they're established?  It does seem a lot, and I wouldn't have got away with paying pay £34k.  I'm happy with 29k as it's actually a very interesting little car - I don't need a serious roadburner as I already have cars to fit that bill.  With cars this size, it's not about engine size and power, it's about the balance of the car as a whole - overall weight, weight distribution, drive characteristics, braking, steering etc. etc. - and the multi-air engine should be pitched about right.  Think original Lotus Elite (which is partly why I have relinquished all the options on mine).  The '58 Elite had a 1200cc Coventry-Climax engine but can still be a struggle to catch in many modern 'sports' cars on a twisty road.
Anyway, should be able to tell more in about 3 hours when I will eventually take delivery.