Author Topic: Mudflaps  (Read 8739 times)

Offline Taz

• Abarth Professional
  • Captain Slow found the Sport Button!
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: 116 NKP
Mudflaps
« on: February 12, 2015, 06:45:34 PM »
I'm going to put in an order for some Rallyflaps.  Is it really worth the extra £50 for the more expensive ones. I'm thinking of the logo in red. So either material will cover that.
Nigel 

Record Grey 500 with red wheel centres and mirrors.
PIAA DRL's, Philips Xtreme Vision upgraded lights. Lexus style rear light units. Smoked side repeaters. Team Heko wind deflectors.

Smiles per gallon & grow old disgracefully.

Offline RC

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Mudflaps
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 06:56:10 PM »
I ordered these ones last week

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150796480001?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and they arrived today. they look the part (logo in red) and seem good quality - come with fitting instructions and attachments (though i'll get AFH1 to fit them along with my other bits n bobs)

I think the more expensive ones are thicker material. Mainly for countries with much colder winters than ours as prolonged exposure to very cold temps can make them brittle and snap - mainly a Northern Europe/American issue though.

Offline Taz

• Abarth Professional
  • Captain Slow found the Sport Button!
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: 116 NKP
Re: Mudflaps
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 03:33:40 PM »
That's what I thought, so thanks for that. I used to have the old style insertion rubber type on my Panther and they were beginning to show stress cracking after time. I wondered if the upgrad e from PVC to polyurethane would avoid that more.

Thanks,

Nigel
Nigel 

Record Grey 500 with red wheel centres and mirrors.
PIAA DRL's, Philips Xtreme Vision upgraded lights. Lexus style rear light units. Smoked side repeaters. Team Heko wind deflectors.

Smiles per gallon & grow old disgracefully.