Author Topic: My 595 Competizione + Carbon Dash Update!  (Read 2074 times)

Offline Bertie

• Founder Of AOC
  • Administrator
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
    • Abarth Owners Club
  • Registration Number: F5 BSB
My 595 Competizione + Carbon Dash Update!
« on: August 21, 2016, 09:04:09 PM »
Hi All,

Sorry for being so quiet on here recently! Work and the lack of having an Abarth have meant I just havent really got on here much! But thats changing now :)

Just thought Id post an update on my car.

It kept getting pushed back and delayed, and for a while the dealer wasnt sure why. I was eventually told it was due to the carbon fibre dashboard, but that was all they knew!

After a few phone calls to my contacts at Abarth UK, I was finally told that they were having production issues, changed supplier and then faced more issues, so decided to pull it as an option.

My car sat in limbo for a while, but I had confirmation last week that the car was to be built on the Friday just gone, and thankfully with the carbon dash.

From what Ive been told, it may be one of only a few, if not the only car in the UK that will have it - can anyone confirm whether theyve seen a UK car with it?

I am aware other customers who ordered before me have had to remove it as an option to have their car built!

Its not available on the configurator or as a dealer choice when building the car!

Im not sure when or if it will be available again!

So im very lucky indeed to be getting it!

Hopefully not too much longer now, I have so much planned for it and really cant wait!

Check out this awesome render made by Ed!

Its going to be covered in carbon fibre :D

Abarth 124 Spider | San Marino Black | Visibility Pack | Bose Audio | Satnav | #280 of 2000

Offline jenniferlouise

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
Re: My 595 Competizione + Carbon Dash Update!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 10:16:11 PM »
Welcome back Bertie!   ;) sounds special.  So, hoping you can get along to Mitcar even if it's in a 1983 Vauxhall Astra estate!! A&J (sandwiches at the ready)
Abarth history : 2014 595C Turismo Scorpione Black I 2016 595C Turismo Podium Blue I 2017 695C Yamaha XSR Circuit Grey #035 I saga will be continued...

Offline Stef Villagreen

• Abarth Professional
  • 595 Competizione
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RO63HUZ
Re: My 595 Competizione + Carbon Dash Update!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 11:25:04 PM »
Good to see you posting again mate.

Looking forward to seeing the car when it finally arrives :)

Be good to see you at MITCar