Author Topic: Race Retro: 20 - 22nd Feb - Discounted Tickets available  (Read 8450 times)

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RX65URG
Race Retro: 20 - 22nd Feb - Discounted Tickets available
« on: February 09, 2015, 08:10:16 AM »
I'm not organising an AOC meet at the forthcoming Race Retro event per se, but I have had an email through, offering discounted tickets. Instead of paying £26 on the door, you can buy an adult admission ticket for just £18. To get this price, you need to buy your tickets before Thurs 19th Feb.  Visit: http://www.raceretro.com/pji-discounted-tickets/4587959870

For those who are not sure what this event is, Race Retro is a celebration of all matters historic racing and rallying. It takes place at Stoneleigh Park, and comprises a mixture of display stands with historic cars and bikes, a number of trade stands (Abarth UK usually attend), as well as an outdoor display of rally cars and historic karts. This year's event will feature a special tribute to Richard Burns, featuring many of the cars he drove, as well as a display of Chevron race cars, and a feature marking the 50th anniversary since Mike Hailwood won the 500cc World Motorcycle championship. With numerous famous names onsite, being interviewed and some such as Ari Vatanen behind the wheel, it promises to be am excellent day out.   
Abarth 595 Competizione 180: Cordolo Red: Red Leather Sabelts: Skydome

It replaced: 

Abarth 500 NP: Pasadoble Red: Red Leather: SkyDome: Climate: 17" Petals

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RX65URG
Re: Race Retro: 20 - 22nd Feb - Discounted Tickets available
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 07:26:53 PM »
Here are a few pics from my day at Race Retro.

Combined stand from Middle Barton Garage, Rockingham Cars and Auto Italia magazine. First, the classics:

Here are the new cars:

There was lots of other great stuff. One of my favourites was this, a 1905 Fiat 200HP. It has a massive Isotta Fraschini engine. Michael Ward, Auto Italia photographer told me that it will be at Brooklands in May..... I've seen this thing in action once last year and it is worth the admission price all by itself! An Amazing piece of machinery!

Also lovely was this Lamborghini Miura:

A huge collection of historic rally cars were to be seen outside in action on the Special Stage. I have a very soft spot for the Quattros, of course, but there were a trio of lovely Italian cars that caught my attention, too:

There was so much to see that it kept me and my group of friends entertained all day. Another highlight was when we got to talk to legendary driver Barrie "Whizzo" Williams, before he did his "formal" interview........... talk about a guy who has enjoyed his racing career, and with anecdotes and a wicked sense of humour to go with it!

Just an excellent day, and with some fab Caribbea food and cocktails in Leamington the night before, a weekend to remember!

The full album can be viewed at: http://s143.photobucket.com/user/colinrear/library/UK%20Events%202015/Race%20Retro%202015?sort=3&page=6
Abarth 595 Competizione 180: Cordolo Red: Red Leather Sabelts: Skydome

It replaced: 

Abarth 500 NP: Pasadoble Red: Red Leather: SkyDome: Climate: 17" Petals