Author Topic: New member, ordered one...  (Read 4068 times)

Offline rsk289

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
New member, ordered one...
« on: August 09, 2016, 11:41:46 PM »
Hi all, new member to the forum, ageing petrolhead with a varied collection of motors.  We saw the A124 at a show in Palermo in May, and placed an order back home later that month (once the configurator was up and running at the dealer's).  Costa Brava 1972 Red with the black bits.  Initial promise of September, now November - great time of the year to be taking delivery of a new open two-seater, I know.

Yes, it's not cheap and could do with a bit more grunt, but when your wife says 'wow - I really like that' and it's usually impossible to get her interested in modern cars, you don't hang around.  And we have other things with grunt to spare.
I'll keep you posted with progress.  Last time the dealer called to give an 'update' - as if they've done anything to build it yet - we were still the only order placed with them.  Understandable I guess, given that noone in the UK has even seen one yet.  There was a white one on show at last month's Le Mans Classic, though...

Roger

Offline jenniferlouise

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
Re: New member, ordered one...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 09:25:33 PM »
Welcome Roger. This promises to be an exciting addition to both your collection and this forum/AOC. Jennifer is going to become your new best friend (she's currently up at ManUtd leaving the boys watching the gold medal match in the hockey.). We saw it at Geneva and loved it. But we're also very pleased with the 595C. Very different cars.  No decision yet... Andy
Abarth history : 2014 595C Turismo Scorpione Black I 2016 595C Turismo Podium Blue I 2017 695C Yamaha XSR Circuit Grey #035 I saga will be continued...

Offline b11ocx

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 07:14:12 PM »
Thought about it a few days ago. Drove a RHD Manual at Oulton Park and, while not exactly a track car, it did feel very grown up and a slightly more rounded car than the MX5 it shares a platform with.

Have a 595 on order, but may think about adding one if certain things come to pass.

Offline rsk289

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 02:38:28 PM »
Well, got an email from the dealer yesterday saying the car 'has been built , it's now going through final stages on the production line.'  Apparently, when it gets to 35 that means it's on a ship to England, when they'll update me again.
It's not clear from this if 'been built' means Japan has done its bit and it's now heading for Abarth, or otherwise.  I wouldn't have thought it would come from Italy via ship but who knows.  As we were told some time ago that the delivery date had slipped to November, I suspect it's yet to receive the Abarth bits and is currently heading for Italy.
Anyway, I'll keep you posted.
Roger

Offline FRZ

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: FRZ 595
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 03:00:59 PM »
If my recent experience of ordering a 595 is anything to go by the updates from Abarth seem to be delayed and things move quicker than expected.

I was told to expect delivery sometime in September. I enquired at the end of July and was told the status number suggested it was about to be built. I then heard the follow day that actually it had already been build and had already arrived in the UK! I took delivery at the beginning of August.

Fingers crossed you have a similar experience.
2016 595c Competizione 180 | Campovolo Grey | Series 4

Offline rsk289

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 03:32:31 PM »
'twould certainly be nice to drive it in the sunshine!
Thanks

Offline Dal

• Abarth Enthusiast
  • 595c Competizione - Real Name Darren
    • View Profile
    • My Web Blog Pages
  • Registration Number: V9DAL
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 07:02:12 PM »
Welcome Colin,

You have some very interesting cars in your signature!  :)

Be good to see some of those and your new 124.

Happy motoring  ;)

Darren
Abarth 595c Competizione MTA - Cordolo Red

Link to my website http://darranna.jigsy.com/ Last Updated 16/10/2016

Offline rsk289

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 11:09:18 PM »
If you mean me, here's the star of the fleet - be interesting to see how the Abarth's handling compares with front and rear transverse leafsprings!!!

Roger

Offline Dal

• Abarth Enthusiast
  • 595c Competizione - Real Name Darren
    • View Profile
    • My Web Blog Pages
  • Registration Number: V9DAL
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 06:31:32 PM »
Actualy I'm not sure many cars will compare to the 68 Cooper S for fun and chuckability (made up word)  :o
Abarth 595c Competizione MTA - Cordolo Red

Link to my website http://darranna.jigsy.com/ Last Updated 16/10/2016

Offline rsk289

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2016, 06:41:41 PM »
It is difficult to drive it without smiling.... until the second hour on a motorway