Author Topic: Goodwood FOS  (Read 3597 times)

Offline Leo

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
Goodwood FOS
« on: June 22, 2016, 12:35:11 AM »
Anyone going to Goodwood Festival of Speed this year?
I was hoping to go on the Saturday but Sat & Sun were sold out by the time I looked at tickets so I bought a ticket for Friday.  After the ticket arrived, I had a call from the local Abarth dealership, offering me free tickets for Thursday so it will be an early start at the showroom for coffee & bacon rolls, followed by an Abarth convoy to Goodwood!  Well it was an offer I couldn't refuse and you need more than one day there to see everything.
2016 595 Competizione 180, MTA, Podium Blue, Natural Leather standard seats, Skydome.

Offline FRZ

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: FRZ 595
Re: Goodwood FOS
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 09:39:47 AM »
I'm going tomorrow, free tickets from Abarth (the Scorpionship). Never been on a Thursday before so really looking forward to it.
I may be going again over the weekend, more often than not I get offered a free ticket but I won't know until Friday evening.
2016 595c Competizione 180 | Campovolo Grey | Series 4

Offline FRZ

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 11:10:55 AM »
Just seen these, even more excited now!

olivabih77

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 02:20:12 PM »
I have never reveived those free tickets. Are they all sold now. Could pop in and see, can i buy at the gate?

Offline The Scorpiator

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
    • PHat Racing Team
  • Registration Number: 8534 PH
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 03:19:43 PM »
I'm going too probably with my Italian mad mother!!!
SCORPIONSHIP Number 150 + 252

Offline FRZ

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 11:58:55 PM »
Good day at Goodwood FOS today dispite the mud.

Loved the new 595 (which is a relief as I've already ordered one), as others have mentioned it feels more refined than the series 3. Only one on show as the main focus was on the 124.

I was quite underwhelmed with Abarth's presence at the show, they only featured in the moving motorshow and had a smaller display than most other manufactures, most of which also had another stand elsewhere. Some of the stands where on an epic scale, Honda's Fisher Price toy garage theme was my favourite.

Afraid to say I was also underwhelmed with the 124. Hard to pin point why but it just doesn't do it for me. It was a lot larger than I expected and lacks the charm and cheekiness of the 500. I think the launch of the Mazda MX5 RF (hardtop convertible version) outshone it on the day and makes the 124 look quite old fashioned.

I was also keen to see the Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio and new Renault Alpine Vision, both look stunning but I spent most time on the Tesla stand. I've always been interested in them but never realised one could be so affordable. Seriously thinking of getting on the waiting list for the Model 3 that should arrive in a couple of years time. I've got the chance to test a Model S but worried that the 713 lb-ft torque and a sub 3 second 0-60 time will make everything else seem pale by comparison.

If you are going over the weekend , don't ware your best shoes!

Offline Leo

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 12:20:20 AM »
It was good to see the 124 "in the flesh" and in action going up the hill.
I think it is a much better looking car than the Mazda MX5.

I didn't realise the stripes on the facelift 595 were so different to the current ones but the Abarth lettering seems to stand out more on the new ones.

The theme for this year was 100 years of BMW & the main feature at the front of Goodwood House was as impressive as ever.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 12:27:47 AM by Leo »
2016 595 Competizione 180, MTA, Podium Blue, Natural Leather standard seats, Skydome.

Offline 595Record

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 12:35:34 PM »
It certainly was muddy yesterday!. Had another look over the Abarth 595 just before leaving at about 6.00.  The interior was pretty well trashed by then. Even mud all over the seats. The steering wheel was facing one way and the wheels appeared to be facing another!
Quite liked the restyling, although, that is a big bit of plastic at the front.

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RX65URG
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 03:29:44 PM »
I think the guys with the hardest job will be those cleaning the BMW 7 series with their white leather upholstery and carpets. 

I was surprised that I managed to get out the carpark (admittedly, late) without having to wait for all those Ultimate Driving Machines in front of me needing to be pushed/towed, as the car park was a real mess.

Was a good day out - just as well for those who had to pay £32 for the ticket (it was £24 last year, and free a couple of years ago) - lot of manufacturers were not there this year at all, and the Moving Motor Show area in previous years was full down both sides, not half allocated to cafe space......... so on that basis, Abarth's presences (which was the same size as previous years) is not something to complain about!

I have over 1000 photos from the day - will get them uploaded in due course. 
Abarth 595 Competizione 180: Cordolo Red: Red Leather Sabelts: Skydome

It replaced: 

Abarth 500 NP: Pasadoble Red: Red Leather: SkyDome: Climate: 17" Petals

Offline JD

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 07:18:22 PM »
I went on Friday and made a bee line for the Abarth stand.

I really liked the look of the 124, but found it a struggle to get in and out, but  I'm quite tall and old!

I headed up the hill to the Rally stage and found the 124 and 131.
2016 - Abarth 595 - Podium Blue

Offline christog

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2016, 10:26:54 PM »
Was a great but wet day on the Thursday nice to see the Abarth gutted to not see the 595 going up the hill or getting a go :( roll on September :)