Author Topic: Shop around!  (Read 3333 times)

Offline GWhizz

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Shop around!
« on: June 08, 2016, 12:57:50 PM »
Hi all, as we are collecting our Abarth this Sunday, my wife and I decided to get our insurance sorted.  She is moving from a Skoda Yeti with me as the 2nd driver (I have a bad history for car accidents).  Anyway, for us to be insured on the Abarth with Adrian Flux they quoted £3000 per year! :o  We then called Admiral, our current provider, and they said for us both to be on the Abarth (essentially a car change on the Yeti policy) it would be an additional £30.00 -TOTAL! ;D

Shop around peeps!

Offline Darko

• Abarth Professional
  • A500 owner
    • View Profile
Re: Shop around!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 01:37:41 PM »
Always use the comparison sites myself, had a terrible experience with flux so sounds like you dodged a bullet .

Darko

Offline GWhizz

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 03:45:22 PM »
Always use the comparison sites myself, had a terrible experience with flux so sounds like you dodged a bullet .

Darko

The quote was £2.5k higher!!

Offline Darko

• Abarth Professional
  • A500 owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 10:21:08 PM »
Sounds about right, at least you sorted it bud

Offline DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Partnered Insurer
  • Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 07:59:04 PM »

Darko
Hi,
Do you mind if ask you what problems you had with ourselves?
Regards,
Dan.

Offline Darko

• Abarth Professional
  • A500 owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 10:02:49 AM »
I took out a insurance policy with you and within one week we changed cars we were told we would incur a £200 fee for changing cars or £200 fee for cancelling policy no matter what we wanted to do we would incur a £200 fee, Luckily we are not on the bread line so we could pay the fee and cancel the insurance, In my mind this is a totally acceptable I am not sure what sort of admin was involved in the changing or the cancelling of a policy but I cant imagine it costing £200.
Either way was a long time ago now so I learnt a rather expensive lesson and moved on.

Their is a thread on my experience further down.

Thank you

Darko