Author Topic: General Query  (Read 4043 times)

Offline BMG

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: YC16XUU
General Query
« on: May 10, 2016, 10:06:18 AM »
Hi Guys,

At the minute i just have a regular abarth, totally un-modified & regular multicar insurance through admiral.

If & when i start to modify my abarth at what point is it a requirement to tell the insurance & i presume at that point it may become cheaper to have a specific policy?

Cheers

Offline BMG

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Re: General Query
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 11:55:47 AM »
Thanks Ads!

I've never had a car that i would have considered modifying so its all new ground.

The abarth i got from the dealer came with upgraded calipers so i need to inform my insurance of these or is this ok as they were through the dealer?

Thanks for the advice

Offline HWK 114

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 09:56:29 PM »
Hi Guys,

At the minute i just have a regular abarth, totally un-modified & regular multicar insurance through admiral.

If & when i start to modify my abarth at what point is it a requirement to tell the insurance & i presume at that point it may become cheaper to have a specific policy?

Cheers
I'm with Admiral and I've advised them of all my upgrades and they are fine with it. Probably added approx £80 to my policy for all the upgrades. Not bad really.
200+ Competizione, circuit grey, yellow callipers, Sabelt black leather, Forge Induction, Forge FMIC, JFA Stage 1, Bilstein B14/16 Coliovers, 12/16mm Reparto Corse Spacers, Biposto Hood.

Offline BMG

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 08:45:43 AM »
By upgraded calipers do you mean it has a Brembo Big Brake kit on the front?

No i very much doubt it, i mean they are red... they are the ones from the dealers brochure so i don't know if they are a performance upgrade or just visual

Offline BMG

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 10:20:07 AM »
Thank you kindly :)

Offline DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Partnered Insurer
  • Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 09:49:04 PM »
Hi,
I'm sure you wouldn't have any issues with modifications with Admiral however if you do for any reason the please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.