Author Topic: Price to rent a garage  (Read 12156 times)

Offline Tonyspurs

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: T50 PEY
Price to rent a garage
« on: February 04, 2015, 05:59:40 PM »
I have to park my car on the road outside my house and parking is becoming a bit of a mare lately due to 2 of my neighbours with large work vans plus their own cars to park which leaves limited space for the rest of us,it's getting that bad I'm actually refusing to go out at weekends in the car as I won't be able to park when I get back which of course doesn't go down too well with my wife! And that's without the damage done in the summer after said Neighbours teenage daughters party >:(
 I was thinking of moving so I could get off road parking but at the moment I'm mortgage free and it seems madness to strap myself up with a £100K + mortgage just to park the car!
Anyways my Neighbour was speaking to the lady opposite who has a garage next to her property and she seems up for renting her garage to me,how much is an acceptable offer? I was thinking maybe £1000 per year, is that too much or too little I don't want to insult her but don't want to overpay either
Anyone here either let garages or rent one I'm in a small town not a city
Abarth 595C Turismo-Scorpion Black-BTB bypass exhaust- Scorpion 200 cell Cat- JFA stage 1 remap-Esseesse Wheels,CF mirror caps- Hydro dipped CF Dash, boot handle,stereo and climate control facias - Matt black custom decals - Heko's,- Pioneer double din install- Go fast red sport button surround ;-)

Offline K77NAN

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Price to rent a garage
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 06:57:27 PM »
I'd say a grand a year is a decent offer for all involved  8)
JackJunior - 2015 595 Competizone

Offline James

• Abarth Enthusiast
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 07:06:21 PM »
£1000 a year, that nearly £20 a week, can get double garages for that here. I would offer her £500 a year.

Unless your happy with 1k especially with the trouble your having with kids and parking.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:30:36 PM by James »
South Wales Member

Offline ZigZog

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 08:43:28 PM »
At work we rent out secure parking spaces for Motorhomes and we charge £1 a day and a £10 pick up and drop off fee, I would say £1000 was too much unless you live in London, I would of thought £500 was more the mark?!

Offline daniil1990

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 05:28:45 PM »
your her neighbour and not a business, offer £600 so if she looks at going rates she would be happy and not sour any relationships.
- Bluespark Box.
- Esseesse Springs.
- 1949 White, Black Mirrors, Custom Centre Caps.
- Super Brilliance White - Main, Side, Rear Plate and Fog Lights.

Offline Tonyspurs

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: T50 PEY
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 06:38:58 PM »
Quick Update,after chatting with my neighbour she was happy with £500 per year plus me detailing her Mini Cooper in April and again in October as she has seen me doing mine and always thought how nice it looks ;D
Happy with that!
Abarth 595C Turismo-Scorpion Black-BTB bypass exhaust- Scorpion 200 cell Cat- JFA stage 1 remap-Esseesse Wheels,CF mirror caps- Hydro dipped CF Dash, boot handle,stereo and climate control facias - Matt black custom decals - Heko's,- Pioneer double din install- Go fast red sport button surround ;-)

Offline DimmyV

• Abarth Enthusiast
  • I want a Ferrari 458!
    • View Profile
    • Demetirs V
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 12:37:11 AM »
Check on gumtree, will be cheaper out of London if you live outside of the city of course. I was looking for a workshop/garage to detail my car and all the results I kept getting was just garages for park so no luck for what I want but gumtree will be good place to look.
Abarth 595 Turismo with Magneti Marelli Record Monza Exhaust, Record Grey, 17" 10 Spoke a Diamond Finish Alloy Wheels, Pirelli P Zeros, Drilled Discs, Yellow Calipers, Chrome Mirror Caps, Xenons, Black Leather Interior, Cat 1 Alarm fitted

Instagram: @dimmyv

Offline Matthewtab

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: 15
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2021, 10:05:55 PM »