Author Topic: AGP BUYERS GUIDE??  (Read 3187 times)

Offline gregster72

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
AGP BUYERS GUIDE??
« on: April 04, 2016, 06:07:58 PM »
I don't suppose anyone knows of a definitive buyers guide, or has some helpful purchasing hints they may want to share??

I'm in the process of convincing myself to part with my Alfa and plunge into AGP territory....  :-\

Hopefully going to check out a local car tomorrow, but kind of keen on really pushing the boat out on an Esseesse (when I find one!).

Any assistance, help, tips, hints or tricks would be very welcome.

Cheers in advance...  ;)
Greg

Offline lloyd

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Re: AGP BUYERS GUIDE??
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 08:40:24 PM »
First thing to be aware of is the range to choose from, all cars left the factory as standard 155bhp. a lot were upgraded to 180bhp spec with the official dealer fitted esseesse kit and the service book should be stamped to confirm this. Much rarer are the Assetto kit cars, this consisted of the wheels, brakes and springs of the esseesse kit but with no engine mods, these cars remained at 155bhp.Again, the kit fitting should be recorded in the service book.
Beware of the little silver sticker in the drivers door surround, some say 155 bhp and some say 180bhp esseesse, these have NO bearing at all on what the car actually is, they were stuck on at random at the factory. the 180 stickers were all applied to 155 cars and many of the ones with 155 stickers are actually 180 cars. There are sellers who genuinely don't know this and others who will try and con you.

you get to choose from red, white or black exterior colours with cloth or leather seats. some cars have the optional Sabelt sport seats. All have air con but some have a more sophisticated climate control system. Glass roofs are optional too. Standard wheels were 17'' diamond cut with an optional black wheel in a different style. Assetto and esseesse kits came with 18'' wheels in either white or metallic grey.
lots of cars now have mix and matched specs with 18'' wheels on standard 155 cars and drilled discs on 155 cars
esseesse fitted cars should have had 6000 mile oil changes throughout their lives, all cars have a main service at 18000 intervals
hope this helps a bit