Author Topic: Lost my virginity  (Read 4936 times)

CB

Lost my virginity
« on: March 09, 2016, 07:00:49 PM »
Hey you guys,I bought a Sonax pro kit and corrected my paintwork,I now get why you are all so into your detailing,it's so enjoyable,a big thanks to Ads for all his advice,here are a few pics)

Offline The Scorpiator

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
    • PHat Racing Team
  • Registration Number: 8534 PH
Re: Lost my virginity
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 07:32:24 PM »
liking the tron look with the tape CB!!!
SCORPIONSHIP Number 150 + 252

Offline Tonyspurs

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: T50 PEY
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 08:31:33 PM »
Love the look of your car  8). Did you machine Polish or do it by hand?
Abarth 595C Turismo-Scorpion Black-BTB bypass exhaust- Scorpion 200 cell Cat- JFA stage 1 remap-Esseesse Wheels,CF mirror caps- Hydro dipped CF Dash, boot handle,stereo and climate control facias - Matt black custom decals - Heko's,- Pioneer double din install- Go fast red sport button surround ;-)

CB

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 08:41:26 PM »
Thanks,spent about 8 hours machine polishing it,clean your car.co.uk do a Das Pro Sonax pack,it has everything you need,the car had some pretty bad scratches and was swirled from top to bottom,I am amazed at the difference,I have now bought a snow foam kit to help keep it nice.

Offline Tonyspurs

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 08:47:47 PM »
Excellent, I have a DAS Pro with some hexlogic pads and Megs 205 and Megs UC,haven't used it properly yet although been having a go on an old boot lid i picked up,i'm waiting for the weather to clear for a few days before having a crack,any tips you can pass on?
Abarth 595C Turismo-Scorpion Black-BTB bypass exhaust- Scorpion 200 cell Cat- JFA stage 1 remap-Esseesse Wheels,CF mirror caps- Hydro dipped CF Dash, boot handle,stereo and climate control facias - Matt black custom decals - Heko's,- Pioneer double din install- Go fast red sport button surround ;-)

Offline rui

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 09:03:15 PM »
From the title of this thread, I thought it would have been by Scorpiator

CB

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 09:03:50 PM »
My biggest tip would be make sure the that the pad covered in cutting compound is in contact with the car when you turn it on!
I covered an area of about 8m2,cars,house Windows,all over me ::)
I haven't got enough experience to give advice,Ads or Brian would be the Goto people.
I got a lot of advice from Ads and the guys from clean your car.co.uk gave me a detailed printout of what pad to use with what product and in what order which was a great help.
Get as much good advice as possible,within an hour you will be cutting like a pro👍
The products do the work,the Sonax cutting kit was superb,I can't rate it highly enough,I finished the car with FK1000 and will hardwax it at the end of the week.

Offline Tonyspurs

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 10:01:15 PM »
Its looking at Chris's results that have got me all excited ;D
 I  have the Autofinesse revitalise kit I bought off the personal sales on DW which has colour coded pads and polish so may start off with that first