Author Topic: Winter Maintenance clean  (Read 6572 times)

Offline Tonyspurs

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: T50 PEY
Winter Maintenance clean
« on: February 11, 2016, 05:12:51 PM »
Had a little maintenance clean today,started with a soaking of snow foam,rinse,de tar rinse,2 bucket wash with Bouncers slick Mick shampoo,spray of demon shine then rinse and dry,followed that up with a polish using Auto Finesse Tripple and 2 coats of Soft 99 Fusso Dark,Exhaust polished with Megs metal polish and sealed again with FK 1000p,trims coated with Auto Finesse revive and tryes with Autosmart Highstyle.
Then as it was a nice day went for a blast with the roof down, took some photos blast home and put baby to bed in the garage

« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 05:14:35 PM by Tonyspurs »
Abarth 595C Turismo-Scorpion Black-BTB bypass exhaust- Scorpion 200 cell Cat- JFA stage 1 remap-Esseesse Wheels,CF mirror caps- Hydro dipped CF Dash, boot handle,stereo and climate control facias - Matt black custom decals - Heko's,- Pioneer double din install- Go fast red sport button surround ;-)

Offline Tonyspurs

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Maintenance clean
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 06:22:05 PM »
Cheers Ads! I got some Titanium Esseesse wheels with summer tyres on I'm seriously considering having them sprayed Satin or Matt black as I think black wheels suit the car much better, I also need to lower the rear a little
Abarth 595C Turismo-Scorpion Black-BTB bypass exhaust- Scorpion 200 cell Cat- JFA stage 1 remap-Esseesse Wheels,CF mirror caps- Hydro dipped CF Dash, boot handle,stereo and climate control facias - Matt black custom decals - Heko's,- Pioneer double din install- Go fast red sport button surround ;-)

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 11:09:20 AM »
Looks fantastic tony but if ok I have some advice I can give you on the detailing side of things? Few things I would suggest you do differently in that routine! ;)
---Abarth 595 Competizione Owner---
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash
-Yellow Exterior Details (Scuderia Stripes/Scorpions)
-Aluminium Speaker Covers & Plaque

Offline Tonyspurs

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 12:53:01 PM »
Looks fantastic tony but if ok I have some advice I can give you on the detailing side of things? Few things I would suggest you do differently in that routine! ;)

I'm always open to advice Brian ;D

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 06:56:28 PM »
De-tar after the 2 bucket wash, reduces the chances of marking the paint when wiping tar marks away. Fusso is a paste sealant so putting that on top of something like AIO tripple polish will seriously reduce its effectiveness. Ideally for polishing prior to fusso a sealant friendly polish is best. I like autoperfekt viper polish but something like dodo juice lime prime or even auto finesse tough prep would be best for fusso to bond to the paintwork. With tripple you will be lucky to get a few months as the fusso struggles to bond to the wax left behind by it, ideally bare paint is what you want for the 6-8 months of durability you can get from fusso.
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash

Offline Tonyspurs

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 09:05:20 AM »
I didn't take into account Tripple being an AIO,I use sealant as a winter protection so will definitely be getting some tough prep for October now ;D. Just wanted to brighten her up for the last month of winter before starting again with a spring clean .
Useful info regarding tar remover will be putting it in that order in future,
I've ordered my Spring/Summer stuff this week from Angelwax.I like their stuff and already have Dark Angel,Halo,Shampoo,H20 Go and QED so to add to that I've ordered Stripped Ease.Perfect Polish,Angelwax Fifth Element wax,bilberry wheel cleaner and sealant,plus some Megs UC and #205
Probably be after some tips for machine polishing in April ;D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 10:46:03 AM by Tonyspurs »

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 09:49:00 AM »
Can't help you on the machine polishing front, I only do things by hand but no doubt will be others who can help you out! Angel wax do some really good products, I have only tried their snow foam and H2go but both are terrific! Glad you found the info useful tony! Happy detailing! :)
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash

Offline HWK 114

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 10:34:51 PM »
She looks great Tony! You described my perfect day  ;)
200+ Competizione, circuit grey, yellow callipers, Sabelt black leather, Forge Induction, Forge FMIC, JFA Stage 1, Bilstein B14/16 Coliovers, 12/16mm Reparto Corse Spacers, Biposto Hood.

Offline JJ

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: OL11 FFF
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2016, 04:31:41 PM »
what a beautiful looking stance she has. great photos
---Abarth 595 Competizione---Scorpione Black---Red Stripe--

Offline will-w

• 695 Member
  • 'Captain Slow'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 06:59:44 AM »
Looks amazing, as always Tony!

We must catch up soon, seems like years since we last met!
Abarth Punto Supersport
Grigio Campovolo, Skydome, Assetto Koni, Floating brakes
Summer: Gunmetal 18" Esseesse with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A
Winter: Official Abarth Winter Kit (17" with Pirelli Sottozero 210)