Author Topic: 1st Detail  (Read 4166 times)

Offline HWK 114

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
1st Detail
« on: February 08, 2016, 07:55:42 PM »
I was a little disappointed with the paint finish on a new car and the water marks after cleaning so I booked my first ever detailing session. I had booked a new car detail but this became a 2 stage detail due to the bad swirling which we believe most of which was from the dealer.

Stage 1 was a good wash, clay and polish to remove the swirling which some were very deep.

Stage 2 was a Kamikaze Ism coating + overcoat followed by Gtechniq Fabric protection, Dr Leather Dye block and anglewax glass coating.

It looks like a different car! This was all down to Ed Staples from Divine Detail fro Surrey. I did a lot of research obviously being a Detailing virgin but found this chap had lots of positive feedback through various forums and is obsessed with his work and enjoys it. I could have found a local company but in the end I guessed if those with cars well in excess of 100-200k trusted him and talked highly of his work, then who was I to worry with my Abarth.

I'm glad I did and the car looks amazing!
200+ Competizione, circuit grey, yellow callipers, Sabelt black leather, Forge Induction, Forge FMIC, JFA Stage 1, Bilstein B14/16 Coliovers, 12/16mm Reparto Corse Spacers, Biposto Hood.

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
Re: 1st Detail
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 08:43:18 PM »
That looks superb! Made an almost dull colour super glossy!
---Abarth 595 Competizione Owner---
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash
-Yellow Exterior Details (Scuderia Stripes/Scorpions)
-Aluminium Speaker Covers & Plaque

Offline anewton10

• Abarth Professional
  • Instagram anewton_10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 10:53:45 PM »
Circuit Grey is very hard to get perfect but it does reward you for putting the work in, the same as you mine was quite badly marked from new but it's holding up ok now it's had a hard sealant coating. Here is a little picture with it wearing no make up (waxes/glazes etc)
595 Comp 🚙  Bluespark, Forge Hose, Custom Airbox, Asseto Corse Front Grille, Novitec Springs+Coupe Bump Stops, Assetto Gara Lightweight Wheels, Dark Side Repeaters, Mtec Bulbs, Led Interior Upgrade, Heko's, Badge Overlays, Matt Black Badges, 5mm 15mm Spacers, Clear Rear Lights, CAE Racing Shifter

Offline HWK 114

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 11:20:16 PM »
That looks superb! Made an almost dull colour super glossy!

I have never been too sure of my colour of choice but agree seeing it in this new glossy finish does make a difference and transforms it. I expect it'll last approx 18 months+ so fingers crossed  :)
200+ Competizione, circuit grey, yellow callipers, Sabelt black leather, Forge Induction, Forge FMIC, JFA Stage 1, Bilstein B14/16 Coliovers, 12/16mm Reparto Corse Spacers, Biposto Hood.

Offline HWK 114

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 11:23:51 PM »
Circuit Grey is very hard to get perfect but it does reward you for putting the work in, the same as you mine was quite badly marked from new but it's holding up ok now it's had a hard sealant coating. Here is a little picture with it wearing no make up (waxes/glazes etc)
Looks great  ;) circuit grey is growing on me more and more and the coating will hopefully make life a little easier. The swirling was really bad and he had a hard job polishing it out!  :)