Author Topic: Updates on my 2011 Funk White Abarth 500  (Read 26002 times)

Offline Fish

• 695 Member
  • 595 Comp
    • View Profile
Re: XAS's Journey So Far...
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2016, 04:31:11 PM »
Second image for me.

Fish

Offline AbarthIain

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: KV11 XAS
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2016, 08:30:06 PM »
Yeah, it's a nice colour, but I've always preferred blue over red.
I'm just pissed off about the situation with my tributo stripes and throwing ideas about really, hopefully that'll get resolved to my satisfaction soon.
2011 Abarth 500 | Funk White Pearl with Tricolore Scuderia stripes | Graphite MSW 85 wheels | Novitec springs | Brembo's | Akrapovič Exhaust | ProAlfa Remap | Forge Induction Kit | Forge Intake Hose | Forge Turbo Actuator | Maxton Splitter | Lester Sill Extractors | Heko Wind Deflectors |

Offline AbarthIain

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2016, 09:14:40 PM »
My installer has offered to refit some new stripes free of charge, I'm waiting to see if TMC offer the same with the stripe kit.  Daron has said he would speak to his supplier - Signs Express - on Tuesday, but I've heard nothing since despite phoning twice.
2011 Abarth 500 | Funk White Pearl with Tricolore Scuderia stripes | Graphite MSW 85 wheels | Novitec springs | Brembo's | Akrapovič Exhaust | ProAlfa Remap | Forge Induction Kit | Forge Intake Hose | Forge Turbo Actuator | Maxton Splitter | Lester Sill Extractors | Heko Wind Deflectors |

CB

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2016, 09:40:48 PM »
I love the blue and the red,as Adam has said if you want decent stripes I know he has a contact who supplies really quality stuff,I do believe that whatever you end up doing will pretty much work on this car,Abarths are not supposed to be boring and all look the same,you have your Merc for when you need to be sensible,I drive a Yeti when I'm in "normal mode",your Abarth is to have fun with,i love your ideas,it took me a while to embrace the whole crazy ethos but now I'm all in,i look forward to seeing what you decide to go with,if you need anything I'd be more than happy to help if I can👍

Offline AbarthIain

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2016, 10:23:28 PM »
Just mocked it up with a red stripe rather than black and it does look pretty good...

Offline AbarthIain

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2016, 10:44:40 PM »
I think I've found the right blue, 3M Satin Mystique Blue...

CB

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2016, 10:55:41 PM »
That looks epic😎

Offline AbarthIain

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2016, 11:00:11 PM »
Just got to get it costed now, can't imagine it'll be cheap.

CB

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2016, 07:58:13 AM »
At least it's only half the car!
I use a guy in Camberly and I know Adam deals with this kind of thing all the time,Monsterwraps are very helpful plus you can visit them and look at swatches,if you can get a sample of the material/colour you want it would be very handy as pictures can vary due to light etc.

Offline AbarthIain

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2016, 08:55:12 AM »
Thanks Chris.
Where are MonsterWraps based please?  Obviously I'm up in Cheltenham so need somewhere reasonably local to me.
I'll get in touch with Adam as well, see if he has any recommendations.

Offline Mark#46

• Abarth Professional
  • Podium Blue 180 Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2016, 10:12:01 AM »
Just mocked it up with a red stripe rather than black and it does look pretty good...
What a great LOOK
and what a coincidence,ive got a Podium Blue 180 comp and was thinking about getting the top half wrapped in grey to match the side stripe(now i get an idea what it will look like) watch this space  :)
ProAlfa re-map,Airtec FMIC,BMC Induction kit,Forge Actuator,Power Motive Exhaust,H+R lowering spring's,Repartocorse spacers 12mm F /16mm R

CB

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2016, 02:57:03 PM »
Monster wraps are in Southampton,call them they are very helpful,explain your situation,send them some pics and maybe they will have something they could send to you.

Offline AbarthIain

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2016, 10:31:30 PM »
Finally got the rest of the chrome swapped out for the grey Competizione items.

Offline Thesaint68

• Abarth Professional
  • Newbie Abarth owner
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: JB65 YAM
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2016, 07:01:04 AM »
Finally got the rest of the chrome swapped out for the grey Competizione items.

Definitely need to lose my chrome.

Great looking car Iain
Podium blue Yamaha Factory Racing | Power Motive exhaust | Sports Cat | Bola B1 alloys l H&R lowering springs l 12mm & 10mm Spacers | Tune4Perfomance  Remap | Forge Induction kit | Forge actuator | Mtech short shifter | Airtec FMIC | Team Heko wind deflectors | Limo black side/rear window

Offline AbarthIain

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2016, 04:12:31 PM »
A few cosmetic updates.  Alloy engine bay bolts, and a new red dash '500' to replace the chrome one.