Author Topic: Updates on my 2011 Funk White Abarth 500  (Read 25998 times)

Offline AbarthIain

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: KV11 XAS
Re: XAS's Journey So Far...
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 11:49:40 AM »
I don't know if it's old age, but whilst I can appreciate coloured wheels on other cars, I wouldn't have them on my own.  And, since technically I bought the Abarth for the wife and it's her car, black or coloured wheels will just show up inevitable kerbing that will occur.

Wheels are much further down the agenda anyway, my next updates will be finishing the chrome to anthracite trimsformation (see what I did there  8)), sorting out the stance with some Novitec springs, then it will be due the timing belt & pump, and I'll probably get the brakes done too.
2011 Abarth 500 | Funk White Pearl with Tricolore Scuderia stripes | Graphite MSW 85 wheels | Novitec springs | Brembo's | Akrapovič Exhaust | ProAlfa Remap | Forge Induction Kit | Forge Intake Hose | Forge Turbo Actuator | Maxton Splitter | Lester Sill Extractors | Heko Wind Deflectors |

Offline LegendsBlue

• Abarth Enthusiast
  • Proud owner 😆
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2016, 07:05:35 PM »
Iain, sorry to Hijack this post but I got a couple of cracking pictures of yours today.
Legends Blue 500 Abarth l Heko Wind Deflectors l BMC Filter l Esseese alloys l Eibach springs l Plasti dipped fog surrounds, whisker, badge and door handles l Lexus effect rear lights 😆🚗

Offline AbarthIain

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2016, 11:58:12 PM »
Thanks for the pics, they're great!  I'll stick those in my collection if you don't mind?  Shame she wasn't washed, everybody else's looked polished to perfection!

Ads, nice to meet you too mate, your car was looking superb!  Glad the Akrapovič sounded good, it's hard to tell when all I could hear in the inside was Blake crying!  He is awesome, love him to bits, and nice to get him introduced to cars nice and early as well!!
2011 Abarth 500 | Funk White Pearl with Tricolore Scuderia stripes | Graphite MSW 85 wheels | Novitec springs | Brembo's | Akrapovič Exhaust | ProAlfa Remap | Forge Induction Kit | Forge Intake Hose | Forge Turbo Actuator | Maxton Splitter | Lester Sill Extractors | Heko Wind Deflectors |

Offline AbarthIain

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2016, 09:30:54 AM »
The next few mods will be purely aesthetics, starting with changing the side stripes to tie in with the tricolore theme.  I'll be doing a red stripe on the n/s, and a green one on the o/s.
Question is, should I stick with the standard Abarth stripes, or go for the Assetto Corsa stripes?

I've also managed to find a set of Brembo calipers from a Megane 225.  They're in need of a refurb so I'll be rubbing down and repainting them.  Now should I stick to the green/red theme and do red n/s and green o/s, or do them both the same colour?

Offline AbarthIain

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2016, 12:09:25 PM »
Thanks for the steer Adam, I sometimes get carried away with things hence asking for opinions on here.
I definitely want to change the side stripes as they're a different red to that in the tricolore and its doing my head in.  I might just remove them and run the car without any for a while and decide if I prefer it or not.

On the calipers front you're probably right, it could look quite gimmicky and probably a step too far.  I do quite like the 'Kawasaki green' caliper colour though, so I might have a play around on photoshop to see what my car would look like with green Brembos.  They won't be going on the car for awhile yet as I still need hangers, discs, pads and some braided hoses yet.

Offline FRZ

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: FRZ 595
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2016, 01:30:19 PM »
I don’t think it would be too gimmicky, don’t forget you’ll never see both sides together so I think having the side strips, callipers and even the wheels in different colours would work well and make your car really different from anything else out there, really original.

It would make for quite a full on, in your face look that not many cars could carry off but the Abarth could. You’ve already put the Akrapovic on which is hardly shy and retiring...go on, see it through!
2016 595c Competizione 180 | Campovolo Grey | Series 4

Offline AbarthIain

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2016, 03:30:01 PM »
I'm not sure where I'd even find custom side stripes like that Adam.

Offline AbarthIain

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2016, 10:56:11 PM »
Cheers dude, I'll have a think and get back to you.

CB

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2016, 04:47:38 PM »
Sorry,only just caught up with this,I don't have photos of the wheels but take it from me they really did look the business,the Matt center cap just finished them off,I'm sure we could get a photo of them if you are still interested,I was really taken with them,just popped on a white car.
Adam has done his black and they look fantastic,when painted they look a lot more aggressive,they really are great looking wheels in any colour but I think a slightly lighter tone than black suits the white more.

Offline AbarthIain

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2016, 11:16:42 PM »
Cheers Chris.  I think I will go for a dark titanium colour when I do the wheels, but it won't be until later in the year as I'd like to do a brembo upgrade at the same time.
For now I'm going to get the chrome>grey trim conversion finished off with the door handles and whisker, and probably change the side stripes, then just leave it be for a little while and enjoy it.

Offline CJS500

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2016, 12:06:03 AM »
Cheers Chris.  I think I will go for a dark titanium colour when I do the wheels, but it won't be until later in the year as I'd like to do a brembo upgrade at the same time.
For now I'm going to get the chrome>grey trim conversion finished off with the door handles and whisker, and probably change the side stripes, then just leave it be for a little while and enjoy it.

sounds really cool  8)
'10 ABARTH 500 (???bhp), Bossa Nova White, Novitec Springs, Custom Stainless Steel Exhaust System w/ 2.5" pipe work, 4" rolled mesh exhaust tips, Bluespark, Blow off valve, Wheel spacers, Team Heko wind deflectors, Upgraded DRL bulbs, Sabelt tow strap, Mods to be continued...

Offline AbarthIain

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2016, 12:27:20 AM »
The next mods for XAS are booked in!
The rest of the chrome is being replaced with grey Competizione counterparts in a couple of weeks, then timing belt, water pump & Novitec springs in mid-April, and booked in for April 30th at ProAlfa for a custom remap and Forge turbo actuator.

Offline AbarthIain

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2016, 11:29:40 AM »
The saga with my peeling tributo stripes rumbles on and has left a sour taste in my mouth, so i'm contemplating completely binning that idea and going with something a little more dramatic.

What do we think to this colour scheme I knocked up on Forza?

Offline JackH1990

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2016, 11:54:08 AM »
I think that looks really neat :) I'd maybe tone down the blue a slight bit though
Abarth 500C: MTA/Gara White/Black Side Decals/Magneti Marelli Alloys/Magneti Marelli SS500Z Exhaust/Black Leather Seats/Interscope Sound System

Offline AbarthIain

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2016, 04:16:37 PM »
Or perhaps the other way around...

I'd need to get the seats recoloured though as they're currently red.