Author Topic: What's Put You In A Bad Mood?  (Read 178919 times)

Offline Ryan595

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Re: What's Put You In A Bad Mood? - Trade in!
« Reply #420 on: January 14, 2019, 04:07:40 AM »
Hi, newbie here. I bought an Abarth 500 back in 2015 and have loved every minute of ownership.  It was a pre reg car, first reg Jan 2015 on a 64 plate.  I bought it from Arnold Clark in July 2015 and was the second owner after the garage.  The car had 15 miles on the clock and was essentially brand new.  The car is the stunning 'legends blue' colour (which is like a cross between baby blue and the Porsche Miami Blue) with dark smoke grey wheels, I think it's a gorgeous combination and have never seen another with the same combo.  Anyway, the car has now done 25500 miles and I've decided to trade up to a pre reg 68 plate Competizione.  Toecap I'm trading in has a full service history, legal tyres, MOT due on 31 Jan, but no concerns whatsoever, both keys, no scrapes on Alloys but does have a very small ding and scrape on drivers door, which will cost about £40 to fix an like I say 25,500 miles, which  will be more like 26000 when it gets traded.  When washed, it looks like a brand new car, ding is hard to even see, but I've been told £40 by one of those dent fixing firms. I was kind of shocked when I got the trade in figure from Arnold Clark, they have quoted me £6,250!  I went back to the sales guy and showed him what similar age/mileageexamples were advertised for, but he just came back with the old " just because they're advertised for that, doesn't mean they're selling for that line".  You guys will have a lot more  experience than me with prices than me, is £6,250 a fair price for a 2015 '64  plate Abarth 500 135 with FSH, scrape free wheels, with  perfect interior and exterior (apart from ding previously mentioned)?  If not, what would you say I should be looking to get?  Part of me thinks maybe for easiness sake, I should just accept the £6,250, as I really don't want to lose the car I hope to buy. Lastly, if I was to try and sell privately, how much should I be asking for a quick sale?

Any advice you guys can offer would be much appreciated.

Ryan