Author Topic: TMC ECU Remap - 595 Competizione  (Read 7578 times)

Offline SAC841

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
TMC ECU Remap - 595 Competizione
« on: December 11, 2015, 07:01:18 AM »
As I posted on .... another forum .... I best do it here too!

I have had the ECU remapped by Daron at TMC a few months ago so here is a report after a few months actual use.
The process is simple - unbolt - post - wait, drink coffee, stare at immobile car for a few days, clean it several times  - postman - fit. Simple.

I was running a Bluespark box but this just exacerbated the Euro 6 map which I didn't like, although the power increase was nice.  The remap is superb, a huge smooth linear delivery of torque right where you need it and the fuelling is better too.  Not only is it far more powerful but more economical too.

There can be a lot of willy waving on bhp figures but in the real world torque is where it's at.  After install I ran it on the local rolling road of an independent tuning company, in their words their kit does not over inflate owners egos! The operator said "If I had written that map I would be proud of that."

Standard car (tested) 160 bhp, 230 Nm of torque (170 ft/lbs)
TMC remap (tested) 170 bhp, 296 Nm of torque (217 ft/lbs)
Graph attached.  We also tested it with the sport button 'off' and it just flattens the torque curve a bit but the bhp is the same.

The IHI turbo IMO will not give 180 bhp without further modifications.  Am i disappointed it only gave 170 bhp?  Not in the least as my insurance company bases its increase in premium on bhp figures....thankfully not the torque figure!

Thanks Daron.....I'm still happy and you said I would be!

Shaun
595 Competizione 🚀 Record Grey 🚀 all the usual trimmings...

Offline 595girlie

• 695 Member
  • Hanging out the washing is a dangerous sport!
    • View Profile
Re: TMC ECU Remap - 595 Competizione
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 08:02:24 AM »
Nice write up and review.  And it's great to hear the car is that much better after the remap.  It does appear that bhp increases are not huge with these turbo's but you can get some impressive torque gains which is most useful for instant oomph.

Glad you happy with the car.   :D
595 Competizione | Campovolo Grey | Red Mirrors | Side Stripes | Chequered Roof | Red Leather Sabelts | Interscope | Heko Wind Deflectors | Forge Induction Hose | Novitec Lowering Springs | Airtec FMIC | Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust | Forge Actuator | IHI Hybrid Turbo | ProAlfa Remap

Offline JJ

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: OL11 FFF
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 08:41:37 PM »
Okay so im toying with the idea now.
---Abarth 595 Competizione---Scorpione Black---Red Stripe--

Offline SAC841

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 01:00:58 PM »
Great update. Can you help me understand what aspect of the Euro 6 the Bluespart exacerbated? The power and torque numbers look pretty much the same. When driving both what were the obvious differences?

Ads - you are right power and torque more or less the same but it is the more linear delivery of the torque that is different.  The remap is just much smoother and feels to have a bit more torque to be honest.  Imagine acceleration like the edge of a 50p coin, that is at times how the Euro 6 map felt albeit with more torque/power by Bluespark.  I remain a big fan of the Bluespark box, my remap however is just smoother and the AFR is better - hence a bit more economy! 

And I get a great spit out of the exhaust when using the boost during each gear change!
595 Competizione 🚀 Record Grey 🚀 all the usual trimmings...

olivabih77

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 03:07:45 PM »
My Bluespark works very well, very fast and does pop off between the gears with my Bombardone exhaust...dine pretty good choice with Tuning and exhaust...quit happy with the speed, power, tourque ;D car fly's off in Sport Mode