Author Topic: Agreed Value  (Read 4039 times)

Offline Minikiss

• Barely Abarth
  • Funk White, Monza & Electric Sunroof
    • View Profile
Agreed Value
« on: December 08, 2015, 03:24:18 PM »
Hi Dan

I took out an agreed value last year with yourselves to run along with my normal insurance.
But the renewal for the policy just came through and I was shocked to see that it incudes another £40 for the A.V.
I was under the impression that cert lasted 2 years and therefore there would be no cost this year?

Was I mislead ?   As I feel I have been!!!!

Have to say i'm not impressed with the cost of the renewal as it's shot up £80 more than I expected it would be.
unless you can drop it to a more sensible cost i'll be shopping around. Agreed value or not!!!!!
Minikiss

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RX65URG
Re: Agreed Value
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 05:09:40 PM »
I am sure Dan will respond.

But be aware that Insurance Premium tax was raised on 1st Nov, so unless the carrier absorbs the cost 9and most won;t), everyone will see increased costs at renewal time... and the market has been hardening for a while, ie premiums have been rising anyway.
Abarth 595 Competizione 180: Cordolo Red: Red Leather Sabelts: Skydome

It replaced: 

Abarth 500 NP: Pasadoble Red: Red Leather: SkyDome: Climate: 17" Petals

Offline Minikiss

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 01:17:34 PM »
Thanks Colin

it did say the insurance premium tax had gone up - 50% I think.
That said I did not expect to be paying another £40 for the A.Value.
if I take that out it's shot up 4 x more than I normally get quoted for a renewal.

I would like to get the 2 year Agreed Value bit clarified before I ring them about it.

I do hope Dan reads this soon as i'd like to get on it as soon as I can

Jules

Offline DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Partnered Insurer
  • Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 09:05:12 PM »
Hi,
With regards to agreed values on our insurance we have two separate options. First we have the standard agreed value option with your actual insurance company. This is normally only available on classic cars or low mileage enthusiast type policies. In most cases these agreed values last for a 2 year period. The second option is for clients whose actual insurance policy doesn't offer the option of an agreed value. These are generally for standard production cars or vans used for normal use that are under 10 years old. This is done by issuing a completely seperate insurance policy that runs along side the normal motor policy. This policy is for 12 months only.
If you wanted to PM me your details I could double check exactly which you have.
Regards,
Dan.

Offline Minikiss

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 09:49:09 AM »
Thanks Dan

will do so just now.