Author Topic: Detailer or wrapping in Kent?  (Read 12024 times)

Offline HWK 114

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Detailer or wrapping in Kent?
« on: November 27, 2015, 07:33:32 PM »
Hi

Picked up my circuit grey Abarth last month and already noticed some marks on the bonnet and boot possibly  from bird poo or tree's etc. After a wash I can see still them so I'm considering having the car professionally protected or even consider having some parts wrapped. Think it wouldn't have been a problem with metallic grey finishes but circuit grey is more a pastel colour and more prone to showing marks.

Any advise on professional detailing or wrapping companies in Kent?

Cheers !  :-\
200+ Competizione, circuit grey, yellow callipers, Sabelt black leather, Forge Induction, Forge FMIC, JFA Stage 1, Bilstein B14/16 Coliovers, 12/16mm Reparto Corse Spacers, Biposto Hood.

Offline anewton10

• Abarth Professional
  • Instagram anewton_10
    • View Profile
Re: Detailer or wrapping in Kent?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 09:22:07 PM »
Gtechniq do some very good sealers along with carbon collective these will help protect your paint from marring and swirls, the problem you will have is you need to get all the marks out of the paint before sealing as you are just sealing them in. Topaz detailing do some extreme paint protection so check them out also

I have circuit grey on my car and it's very very hard to keep perfect but without any doubt since I've used platinum paint(hard  sealer)and oracle from carbon collective the paint has stayed 👌🏻
595 Comp 🚙  Bluespark, Forge Hose, Custom Airbox, Asseto Corse Front Grille, Novitec Springs+Coupe Bump Stops, Assetto Gara Lightweight Wheels, Dark Side Repeaters, Mtec Bulbs, Led Interior Upgrade, Heko's, Badge Overlays, Matt Black Badges, 5mm 15mm Spacers, Clear Rear Lights, CAE Racing Shifter

Offline HWK 114

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 08:33:28 PM »
I'm not aware of any sealants that will give true protection against bird lime. I have tried many professional treatments but they are all prone to potential damage. The new clear films that companies are using to protect are self healing using heat from hot water or the sun (haha yeah I know). That might be a better, idea. That said a good quality wax or sealant would give you enough time to identify and remove. That would be cheaper.

Thank you Ads. Think I'll go down the sealant route but I'll try and get a quote for some clear film just for the bonnet and bumper. Not sure how that would look with film on some panels and not on others though...
200+ Competizione, circuit grey, yellow callipers, Sabelt black leather, Forge Induction, Forge FMIC, JFA Stage 1, Bilstein B14/16 Coliovers, 12/16mm Reparto Corse Spacers, Biposto Hood.

Offline HWK 114

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 08:36:55 PM »
Gtechniq do some very good sealers along with carbon collective these will help protect your paint from marring and swirls, the problem you will have is you need to get all the marks out of the paint before sealing as you are just sealing them in. Topaz detailing do some extreme paint protection so check them out also

I have circuit grey on my car and it's very very hard to keep perfect but without any doubt since I've used platinum paint(hard  sealer)and oracle from carbon collective the paint has stayed 👌🏻

I'll take your advice and try a sealant but what would you use to remove any existing marks before sealing?

Cheers

Offline Fish

• 695 Member
  • 595 Comp
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 03:51:15 PM »
Whereabouts in Kent are you?

Fish

Offline HWK 114

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 07:04:24 PM »
I'm not aware of any sealants that will give true protection against bird lime. I have tried many professional treatments but they are all prone to potential damage. The new clear films that companies are using to protect are self healing using heat from hot water or the sun (haha yeah I know). That might be a better, idea. That said a good quality wax or sealant would give you enough time to identify and remove. That would be cheaper.

Thank you Ads. Think I'll go down the sealant route but I'll try and get a quote for some clear film just for the bonnet and bumper. Not sure how that would look with film on some panels and not on others though...

I wouldn't do both. Try getting the car prepped and sealed by Gtecniq. You can go to their site and pick what you want done. For a C1 Crystal Lacquer Finish with prep it will cost around £425 and you get a 5 year guarantee. I'm a big fan of their products so make the enquiry and give it some thought.

http://www.gtechniq.com/service/

Thank you Ads, I'll contact them and confirm the price. I also contacted a company called Devine Detail who were based in Kent but now in Surrey for a price. They use a few different products so I'll also see how they differ on price.

Cheers  ;)

Offline HWK 114

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 07:07:17 PM »
Whereabouts in Kent are you?

Fish

Hi Fish, I'm down on the south coast of Kent just off J11 M20. Think I've only seen one Abarth around here  ;)

You from Kent?

Offline Fish

• 695 Member
  • 595 Comp
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 08:15:33 PM »
Sort of, I'm just inside the M25. Give me a day or two to find the contact details of someone who could detail your car if you're still looking for someone to do it. If you're still thinking of the Gtechniq route I would recommend Ultimate Finish at the back of Brands Hatch.

Fish

Offline will-w

• 695 Member
  • 'Captain Slow'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 08:36:01 PM »
I'm talking with Ultimate Finish about having the new Mini put through a new car detail and protect using Gtechniq at the moment

They seem to know their stuff and are really quite friendly!

I was hoping to use a guy based in Maidstone (Heavenly Detailing) but he doesn't have a website or publish his details anywhere.. Makes contacting him hard!
Abarth Punto Supersport
Grigio Campovolo, Skydome, Assetto Koni, Floating brakes
Summer: Gunmetal 18" Esseesse with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A
Winter: Official Abarth Winter Kit (17" with Pirelli Sottozero 210)

Offline will-w

• 695 Member
  • 'Captain Slow'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 11:19:36 AM »
The guys at Ultimate Finish know their stuff Will.

Yeah I'm sure they do, they're very friendly too

I have got a quote, which is more than I was expecting, so will have to have a mighty good think about it :)
Abarth Punto Supersport

Offline Fish

• 695 Member
  • 595 Comp
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 11:22:04 AM »
The quote depends on the products they are using. I'm tempted by the Serum Black coatings.

Fish

Offline HWK 114

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 11:29:42 PM »
Sort of, I'm just inside the M25. Give me a day or two to find the contact details of someone who could detail your car if you're still looking for someone to do it. If you're still thinking of the Gtechniq route I would recommend Ultimate Finish at the back of Brands Hatch.

Fish

Thank you all of you. I'll get in touch with Ultimate Finish for a quote. Has anyone had there car done by them?

Offline will-w

• 695 Member
  • 'Captain Slow'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 12:46:12 PM »
I have just booked Emma's new Mini in with Ultimate Finish for their New Car Protection package, we'll see how it goes!

Gtechniq Crystal Serum plus a layer of EXOv2 (CS Black)

Can't wait to see the results ;D
Abarth Punto Supersport

Offline HWK 114

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 11:06:56 PM »
I have just booked Emma's new Mini in with Ultimate Finish for their New Car Protection package, we'll see how it goes!

Gtechniq Crystal Serum plus a layer of EXOv2 (CS Black)

Can't wait to see the results ;D

How did the new car protection go? Were you pleased with it?

Offline will-w

• 695 Member
  • 'Captain Slow'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2015, 11:40:28 PM »
How did the new car protection go? Were you pleased with it?

The car was delayed, we only collected it today.. It's going in tomorrow evening for a Friday AM collection- will post my findings then :)

I'm definitely not impressed with the cleaning ability of the dealer on pickup, I am very glad I didn't opt for the Williams F1 coating from them..  Looks good from a distance though ;D
Abarth Punto Supersport