Author Topic: New wax arrived  (Read 13331 times)

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
Re: New wax arrived
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 02:36:11 PM »
Not saying you should do it, just my own opinion really. As you said the Cquartz will add a very glossy/reflecive finish but it has no depth being a sealant, also isn't it more of a coating and a bit more complicated in application compared to the likes of FK1000p

It gives off a very mirror like finish which is great for light coloured cars but on dark paint I would want some depth to my finish.

It also depends on the wax you use, may be able to top it with something that provides better beading/sheeting than Cquartz, not saying there is a wax that does offer this but it's just a acknowledgement. Regardless most of the finish comes from the polishing stage and not the LSP choice.
---Abarth 595 Competizione Owner---
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash
-Yellow Exterior Details (Scuderia Stripes/Scorpions)
-Aluminium Speaker Covers & Plaque

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2015, 04:26:24 PM »
I wouldn't bother with a wax over a sealant. What sealant have you had applied @Andy595?

Sorry for missing this question Benn.

We had the car professional detailed, New Car detailing. Unfortunately didn't ask what products were used, it just looked pretty damn good.

I do like cleaning and polishing the buggy though so have bought some stuff anyway :)

Andy

Offline S13GE

• Events Leader
  • 695 Member
  • Instagram - ts13ger
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud
  • Registration Number: TS13GER
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2015, 09:33:45 PM »
what a joyous wax  ;D

so easy to apply and remove, wish I'd have know about it earlier. also lovely beading and seems to offer good protection so far, really good choice and will now become my regular wax.
Modena Yellow 595 Competizione | Performance Pack |  Novitec Challenge Corse Evo Exhaust | TMC Decat | RamAir Induction Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | DNA Camber | M-Tech Short Shifter | Yellow Brembos | Beats Audio  system | 7" Infotainment sat nav | T4P Stage 1 remap:::226bhp/295lbft insta me :D

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2015, 10:19:18 PM »
S13GE It sounds like you liked it then? Glad to hear, always nervous giving out advice incase someone isn't pleased with the recommendation.
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash

Offline Sven

• Abarth Professional
  • Abarrrrth is the new edition only sold in wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2015, 12:34:26 PM »
Well thought I had the day off so it was car wash time.
 Used the fk1000p twice and the fk 2685 pink wax and must say the car looks really good, The pictures don't do it justice as it is a dull day and true to form the British weather came to a play as I went to take the photo.

Just a quick review of the product, i was hoping for good things having used the wax/sealant fk1000p and it didn't disappoint me so easy to put on and the shine can only imagine what it will look like with the sun on it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 12:42:49 PM by Sven »
Never to old to be a boy racer I think !!

Offline Sven

• Abarth Professional
  • Abarrrrth is the new edition only sold in wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2015, 01:40:55 PM »
You're becoming a Detail Geek Sven. Welcome to the club!!

Lol ads I can't help myself I have the bug, I really enjoy the process of cleaning a car now lol.
Never to old to be a boy racer I think !!

Offline S13GE

• Events Leader
  • 695 Member
  • Instagram - ts13ger
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud
  • Registration Number: TS13GER
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2015, 11:30:00 PM »
S13GE It sounds like you liked it then? Glad to hear, always nervous giving out advice incase someone isn't pleased with the recommendation.

yes thank you, I love it Brian. Really soft, nice to apply and a breeze to buff/wipe off.

got a few pics of beading too...I'll post them soon
Modena Yellow 595 Competizione | Performance Pack |  Novitec Challenge Corse Evo Exhaust | TMC Decat | RamAir Induction Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | DNA Camber | M-Tech Short Shifter | Yellow Brembos | Beats Audio  system | 7" Infotainment sat nav | T4P Stage 1 remap:::226bhp/295lbft insta me :D

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2015, 04:03:07 AM »
Some nice beading going on there sven, get yourself a good detailing spray now for maintence washes and the car will look that good after each wash for many months to come! :)

S13GE get them posted, love a good beading shot! ;)

I have went slightly overboard of late with products so may actually be looking at selling some on. Will be giving you Abarth guys first pick at anything I may be looking to move on before posting on detailing world. All good products, just far too many now! :) Despite all these waxes I have purchased recently (waxaddixt subzero, obsession wax phantom and evolution) these 2 finishkare waxes remain in my collection as they are an excellent combination for family cars! :)
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash