Author Topic: How many miles do you drive a year  (Read 52256 times)

Offline Numerouno

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Re: How many miles do you drive a year
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2017, 07:54:16 AM »
Seat folder handle  went at 58k and they didn't honour warranty. Front drivers wheel bearing, rear passenger wheel bearing (pain in the arse to change), cam sensor, maf sensor,  drivers wishbone, alternator x3 (twice was the regulator), starter motor, front passenger shock, exhaust flexy, coolant bottle,  just changed the engine top mounts. Bottom one was changed in 2015. 👍

Now at 174,000. Still running well but I think the head gaskets going to need replacing soon. She's starting to use oil which has never been the case. 😔

What sort of things have you replaced over that mileage ?? Mine has just hit 50k and I thought that was high for one of these cars its good to see yours is still going well at 174k as i need to keep mine for 3 more years so will probably be up at 100k by then.

Cheers Darko
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 05:33:22 PM by Numerouno »

Offline fpan

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2017, 12:03:08 PM »
Seat folder handle  went at 58k and they didn't honour warranty. Front drivers wheel bearing, rear passenger wheel bearing (pain in the arse to change), cam sensor, maf sensor,  drivers wishbone, alternator x3 (twice was the regulator), starter motor, front passenger shock, exhaust flexy, coolant bottle,  just changed the engine too mounts. Bottom one was changed in 2015. 👍

Now at 174,000. Still running well but I think the head gaskets going to need replacing soon. She's starting to use oil which has never been the case. 😔

What sort of things have you replaced over that mileage ?? Mine has just hit 50k and I thought that was high for one of these cars its good to see yours is still going well at 174k as i need to keep mine for 3 more years so will probably be up at 100k by then.

Cheers Darko

Not bad at all for 174k miles and kudos for using her as she is meant to be, these cars are to be driven!
Burning oil my guess would rocker cover gasket or piston rings perhaps?
Is the rear axle still solid (no rust) at this mileage? I've read the spring perch plate can snap when it's badly rusted.  I've  used Dynax wax to protect mine.

Offline Darko

• Abarth Professional
  • A500 owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2017, 10:29:12 AM »
Seat folder handle  went at 58k and they didn't honour warranty. Front drivers wheel bearing, rear passenger wheel bearing (pain in the arse to change), cam sensor, maf sensor,  drivers wishbone, alternator x3 (twice was the regulator), starter motor, front passenger shock, exhaust flexy, coolant bottle,  just changed the engine too mounts. Bottom one was changed in 2015. 👍

Cheers Darko

Thats Pretty good considering the mileage and as said these cars are meant to be driven

Thank you

Darko

Offline Numerouno

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2017, 05:32:13 PM »

Cheers Darko

Not bad at all for 174k miles and kudos for using her as she is meant to be, these cars are to be driven!
Burning oil my guess would rocker cover gasket or piston rings perhaps?
Is the rear axle still solid (no rust) at this mileage? I've read the spring perch plate can snap when it's badly rusted.  I've  used Dynax wax to protect mine.

The only bit of rust on it is the top of the front struts. It's as solid as when I collected it in 2012.
The piston rings were my first thought but we'll see in a couple weeks. I'm going to treat her to a decoke by hand as I'm off for the week. I'm also a race instructor so it goes round the track a bit but not for students.

Thanks Darko. She's a work horse so normally does 50 hours of lessons a week. I will miss her when she's retires! Lol
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 05:37:03 PM by Numerouno »