Author Topic: Bombardone or Novitec..  (Read 4067 times)

Offline captpicard

• 695 Member
  • make it so..
    • View Profile
Bombardone or Novitec..
« on: October 31, 2015, 03:05:34 PM »
Thinking of changing the back box, heard a lot of good things about these two on here, I was wondering what the of each was and where's the best place to buy from?
thanks Mark
Abarth 500c custom(595)Heko's, PIAA DRL's, black mirror caps, smoked indicators, rear/side privacy tints, BMC filter, blackline official rear lights, black front whisker, rear badge, rear boot handle, boot flap mod...

Offline gricey07

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Bombardone or Novitec..
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 03:29:50 PM »
Got my bombardone from ebay, came posted from italy cost 250 in cluding postage

You will not regret getting it, keep your back seats down  ;D
Abarth 500 esseesse, white wheels, bombardone, bilstein b14 pss coilovers 😎

Offline S13GE

• Events Leader
  • 695 Member
  • Instagram - ts13ger
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud
  • Registration Number: TS13GER
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 11:36:41 PM »
Had my Novitec for around 18 months and it's a noisy bugger I'll tell you that! Certainly not an unbearable level of drone, in fact there's not much at all despite the 3" bore stainless. Just like gricey said drop your rear seats, and for an even more hardcore sound; wire the sound proofing flap open near your carpet pulley in the boot, believe me the pops and bangs become very 'real' with this set up!

The bombardone tailpipes are gorgeous and it has smaller bore pipe & thinner stainless so sounds very raspy, then again my Novitec has become very sharp and evil on cold start, especially after putting plenty of miles on it.

Either are an excellent choice - my friend has a Bombardone, I think it looks great with the acute angle slash-cut tips and MM elaborazione engraved tailpipes. You also get a lot of little pops and crackles with barely any effort, plus there is no drone at all to speak of.

The Novitec is for the more hardcore driver I would say, it lets off ear bursting pops and bangs; the loudest (103Db @ 1m)  I've heard from any Abarth exhaust set up with standard center section/cat. The tailpipes are very nicely done but perhaps more subtle/German in their design with rolled tips, softer slash-cut angle and simple Novitec logo etched on each tailpipe.

So basically it's Italian flare and eye-catching design vs. German simplicity and lots of noise 

Each to their own in this case, both are fantastic value and will catch the attention of onlookers. I'd say that if you have kids and can't adopt a 'full-on' noise approach then the Bombardone is certainly more user friendly, but if noise is your game then go for the Novitec; it's a riot and will make the most bizarre & random thumps, crackles and bangs you've ever heard for no reason at all - 3 car alarms have gone off due to such exhaust activity.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 11:39:44 PM by S13GE »
Modena Yellow 595 Competizione | Performance Pack |  Novitec Challenge Corse Evo Exhaust | TMC Decat | RamAir Induction Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | DNA Camber | M-Tech Short Shifter | Yellow Brembos | Beats Audio  system | 7" Infotainment sat nav | T4P Stage 1 remap:::226bhp/295lbft insta me :D

Offline captpicard

• 695 Member
  • make it so..
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 12:31:46 AM »
Thanks S13GE
Great write up
Abarth 500c custom(595)Heko's, PIAA DRL's, black mirror caps, smoked indicators, rear/side privacy tints, BMC filter, blackline official rear lights, black front whisker, rear badge, rear boot handle, boot flap mod...

Offline S13GE

• Events Leader
  • 695 Member
  • Instagram - ts13ger
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud
  • Registration Number: TS13GER
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 12:06:58 PM »
no problem mate

They happen to be the 2 exhausts I know most about as I see my friend with the Bombardone on a weekly basis and we are always comparing stories about exhaust noises...yes that is what we discuss regularly  :P
Modena Yellow 595 Competizione | Performance Pack |  Novitec Challenge Corse Evo Exhaust | TMC Decat | RamAir Induction Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | DNA Camber | M-Tech Short Shifter | Yellow Brembos | Beats Audio  system | 7" Infotainment sat nav | T4P Stage 1 remap:::226bhp/295lbft insta me :D