Author Topic: Focus RS  (Read 1958 times)

Offline 595girlie

• 695 Member
  • Hanging out the washing is a dangerous sport!
    • View Profile
Focus RS
« on: September 25, 2015, 01:20:41 PM »
The Focus RS has been released and my husband has got his deposit down, hoping for one of the first batch that gets delivered next year.

Now, the RS, Ford’s pinnacle for drivability, performance and handling.  They’ve even given this one the 4WD that everyone said the RS should always have.  It’s all about how the cars drives and is a proper performance vehicle right?  So why are all the ‘men’ on the FocusRSOC moaning because it’s not coming to the UK with illuminating door sills and heated steering wheels???

I’m really sorry, but that’s NOT why you buy an RS.  It has launch control and a DRIFT button.  If you want a bit of performance but still get the luxuries, then go buy an ST that you can spec with reversing camera and lane check assist.  Or if you want all the fancy gadgets, go buy the sporty Audi or Merc for the extra £10k.  I honestly can’t believe how many people struggle to stay in their lane on a motorway, that they therefore think this is a must have option!

The RS is the top of Ford’s pyramid, but not in luxuries, it’s top for performance and handling.  Surely we can’t be the only people that see it that way?  I just think it’s comical how all these grown men are throwing their toys out the pram cos their door sills aren’t going to glow!!   :o

Sorry, rant over!!
595 Competizione | Campovolo Grey | Red Mirrors | Side Stripes | Chequered Roof | Red Leather Sabelts | Interscope | Heko Wind Deflectors | Forge Induction Hose | Novitec Lowering Springs | Airtec FMIC | Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust | Forge Actuator | IHI Hybrid Turbo | ProAlfa Remap

Offline atlgibson

• Abarth Professional
  • Punto Evo Supersport Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Focus RS
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 01:30:45 PM »
I want one :), agree with your points!
Abarth Punto Evo Supersport (63)
Skydome
K&N Induction Kit
Esseesse Lowering Springs
16mm Rear Spacers
Heko Wind Deflectors
Tinted Side Repeaters

Offline Salvos_white_abarth

• 695 Member
  • Abarth...the best thing since slice bread.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 02:12:08 PM »
Spot on.
Thats why I love the abarth....no extra gimmicks to go wrong or add weight.its purely for driving :)

Offline rare

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 02:32:31 PM »
Heated steering wheel haha.

Awesome car BTW very jelous indeed!
2010 - A500/TMC/MONZA/GTT Level 2 - Sold
2015 - 595 Comp 180 ;)