Author Topic: Wax residue  (Read 3278 times)

Offline buckwits

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
Wax residue
« on: August 15, 2015, 01:36:48 PM »
Hi all, I have a 595 comp, record grey with grey decals (don't ask) the first time I polished it, auto glym deep shine, if anyone cares, I got some on the Abarth decals, door handles and front splitter. How on Gods green earth do you get that shit off? Thanks Lee

Offline Fish

• 695 Member
  • 595 Comp
    • View Profile
Re: Wax residue
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 02:38:28 PM »
I usually cut some cardboard to fit around and use an APC (all purpose cleaner) with a microfibre towel to remove, you could also use a clay bar.

Fish

Offline buckwits

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 08:38:20 PM »
Thank you Fish, you are a God!

Offline SAC841

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 09:36:27 PM »
Lee, I have discussed this with Autoglym technical as I slightly overdid the HD wax and got it a bit too thick on the side decals and the plastic.  They suggested careful use of AG Intensive Tar Remover, it worked of course very well! I now use masking tape when using the HD wax but if you have never tried it I can highly recommend AG's Aqua Wax (or Express Wax in the pro range) as a top up.  It is brilliant and gets great reviews on Detailing World. Applying it to a wet car after washing then drying and adding wax in one action, it is brilliant. It leaves no residue on glass, plastic, rubber and the only place you don't use it is on the windscreen.  I do it nearly every wash it is so easy and buy it by the gallon now as it is more cost effective. I was sceptical at first but it works.

As an aside my family managed to get some cheap Nivea suncream on the Sabelts leather (OMG) - AG Intensive Tar Remover to the rescue as suggested by them.  I also cleaned the rear parcel shelf with it to get off the marks!
595 Competizione 🚀 Record Grey 🚀 all the usual trimmings...

Offline buckwits

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 10:00:14 PM »
Thanks for that top tip, looks like a trip to Halfords for me this weekend!