Author Topic: Boost Reading  (Read 16835 times)

Offline Bertie

• Founder Of AOC
  • Administrator
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
    • Abarth Owners Club
  • Registration Number: F5 BSB
Boost Reading
« on: January 24, 2015, 10:24:55 AM »
Hi,

On my 595 comp, in sport mode running shell vpower nitro+, I don't seem to hold a continuous 1.2 of boost

When I put my foot down it shoots up to 1.2 sometimes 1.3, but then seems to settle down around the 1.0 mark.

Is this normal or am I not developing enough boost?

Bertie
Abarth 124 Spider | San Marino Black | Visibility Pack | Bose Audio | Satnav | #280 of 2000

Offline anewton10

• Abarth Professional
  • Instagram anewton_10
    • View Profile
Re: Boost Reading
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 10:26:40 AM »
Mine is exactly the same 😞 hence why I'm fitting a bluespark today to see if this helps
595 Comp 🚙  Bluespark, Forge Hose, Custom Airbox, Asseto Corse Front Grille, Novitec Springs+Coupe Bump Stops, Assetto Gara Lightweight Wheels, Dark Side Repeaters, Mtec Bulbs, Led Interior Upgrade, Heko's, Badge Overlays, Matt Black Badges, 5mm 15mm Spacers, Clear Rear Lights, CAE Racing Shifter

Offline K77NAN

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 10:42:02 AM »
It's perfectly normal chaps. The car will dial up the boost it needs to meet it's performance parameters, so it will vary depending on other things  ;D
JackJunior - 2015 595 Competizone

Offline Sylvano

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
    • AbarthCAT Owners Club
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 12:20:15 PM »
Like I have understood, it's perfectly normal. The major part of time turbo blows off at 1.0 bar and with peaks to 1.3 if you have SS/595 version ;)
President of AbarthCAT Owners Club
www.facebook.com/abarthcatownersclub

Offline KK_96

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 12:25:26 PM »
I'm not convinced you can trust the boost gauge
Abarth 500 Campovolo grey

Offline CJ

• 695 Member
  • Dino Abartho
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: DN10WMV
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 10:56:12 PM »
Sounds about right Bertie.

As I understand the boost gauge is electronic and may not be a true measure of boost, it's literally just a gauge?

For me he peaks at 1.3 then settles to 1.2 mostly, this is after the forge intake & actuator install. But with Bluespark box he rarely holds 1.2 then settles to 0.8

My half penny   ;D
2010 RossoSfr Essesse~ATM Intercooler~FORGE Intake Actuator BOV~Powermotive CAT Back Exhaust~HPSI Hoses~Bluespark~MTEC SS~PC680 Lightweight Battery~Direnza Coilovers~5F/10R Spacers~17x7 EC SanremoCorse-215/40 Goodyear F1-a little sprinkle of Alcantara

Offline James

• Abarth Enthusiast
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 11:06:40 PM »
I have blanked my gauge out with a sticker, I got so obsessed with looking at it and what it was reading aaaaaaall the time. If I could I would get rid of it and put a charge port there but never looked into it.
South Wales Member

Offline Dr pepper

• Abarth Professional
  • Youtube Channel - DC Media
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 11:17:49 PM »
Sounds about right Bertie.

As I understand the boost gauge is electronic and may not be a true measure of boost, it's literally just a gauge?

For me he peaks at 1.3 then settles to 1.2 mostly, this is after the forge intake & actuator install. But with Bluespark box he rarely holds 1.2 then settles to 0.8

My half penny   ;D

Your running a forge actuator with a bluespark box? What spring do you have in?

Have always been told that the car will run into limp mode if running the actuator without a re map

Also with the box you will not be able to get true boost from the gauge as the box confuses the ecu
YouTube Channel - DC Media
Instagram - dc_media_uk

Offline CJ

• 695 Member
  • Dino Abartho
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 07:13:01 PM »
I should know what spring it has but I don't, it would be their factory setting spring I assume  ???
It's a lovely bit of kit, I just had to get it in the car as soon as I could! The car was absolutely fine, no limp mode, no remap. He definitely perked up a lot with the forge kit, boost was strong and consistent and noisy! But also I changed all the hoses to HPSI silicone kit from USA, maybe that has a factor in consistent boost?

2010 RossoSfr Essesse~ATM Intercooler~FORGE Intake Actuator BOV~Powermotive CAT Back Exhaust~HPSI Hoses~Bluespark~MTEC SS~PC680 Lightweight Battery~Direnza Coilovers~5F/10R Spacers~17x7 EC SanremoCorse-215/40 Goodyear F1-a little sprinkle of Alcantara

Offline Dr pepper

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 12:58:20 AM »
I should know what spring it has but I don't, it would be their factory setting spring I assume  ???
It's a lovely bit of kit, I just had to get it in the car as soon as I could! The car was absolutely fine, no limp mode, no remap. He definitely perked up a lot with the forge kit, boost was strong and consistent and noisy! But also I changed all the hoses to HPSI silicone kit from USA, maybe that has a factor in consistent boost?

Hey thanks for the reply but is yours a SS? I'm thinking of putting the actuator on mine as we kinda have the same set up but my induction kit doesn't have a cold air feed like the forge one does also mine isn't an SS
Instagram - dc_media_uk

Offline CJ

• 695 Member
  • Dino Abartho
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 12:36:04 PM »
Hey thanks for the reply but is yours a SS? I'm thinking of putting the actuator on mine as we kinda have the same set up but my induction kit doesn't have a cold air feed like the forge one does also mine isn't an SS

Yep he's 2010 SS. I'm not entirely convinced that the cold air feed is necessary or gives better performance for these engines, only induction noise.

Looking at the 695 Biposto, Abarth still didn't feel the need to add a cold air feed. It still takes air from inside the engine bay not too far from your induction setup.

Offline Dr pepper

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 09:49:24 PM »
That's a really nice engine bay!!

I'm really tempted to get the actuator, on the web site it says it comes with the lowest setting spring which I think is green and holds around 0.8bar so it should be fine for mine :) but have been hearing about when putting it on to a stock car it sends it straight into limp mode, the stock actuator isn't very strong :(
Instagram - dc_media_uk

Offline CJ

• 695 Member
  • Dino Abartho
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 01:24:50 AM »
That's a really nice engine bay!!

I'm really tempted to get the actuator, on the web site it says it comes with the lowest setting spring which I think is green and holds around 0.8bar so it should be fine for mine :) but have been hearing about when putting it on to a stock car it sends it straight into limp mode, the stock actuator isn't very strong :(

Thanks Dr.P just want to wrap the intercooler pipe work underneath then I'll be happy.

The actuator is a lovely piece, for me it's worth it even when it's not in the engine!  ;D

Offline Arhaifa

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2015, 02:35:52 PM »
Hi, I have fiited on my essesse the forge actuator, induction kit, a cell 200 -i don't regret btw- and a remap by Tmc.
1.2/1.3 is what I get and thanks to the actuator at 5000 rpm still 1 slowly decreasing. Was decreasing much faster before. A few days ago suddenly I see 1.6 bar decreasing to 1.4. Happy to drive a missile at the beginning I drove slowly to my garage. Actuator's membrane was cracked! So a leak and a dangerous overboost. Whole new. They temporarily fixed it and I ordered 2 membranes and a yellow spring from Forge. I have the green one and want to see if there is any difference. Oh and in the actuator were some metal chips! Quite disappointing...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 03:27:47 PM by Arhaifa »

Offline Dr pepper

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 05:13:38 PM »
I've called up forge about their actuator and they said that it's the first that they've heard that if they put it onto a standard or SS it'll send it into limp mode, on their demo car it wasn't mapped but still ran the actuator. They are ment to be used when running higher boost but work perfectly well standard.

I'm hopefully buying one next month or in April, all they need to know is what boost the car is running now, does anyone know what boost a np is running with a bluespark box on setting C or D? Think it's about 1bar but need to make sure
Instagram - dc_media_uk