Author Topic: !?HELP?! DAY 1... ABARTH ISSUES?!? (Exhaust banging/rattling noise) ?!HELP!?  (Read 8688 times)

Offline TLD95

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
 Having picked up my 62 plate abarth 500 today, all was well until I was doing around 70mph, it sounds as if the mid section of my exhaust is shaking/banging against the bottom of my car :( hoping it's just a loose/missing bracket or something alike! Having a friend of mine to have a quick look at it tomorrow! If it's anything serious I'll be taking it back to Platts for them to sort!!but if it's a simple job, I'll be sorting it myself! Just quicker that way & saves not having a car for the day with work & everything! Any thoughts on the issue? Apologies for the shoddy recording, my dad was recording this for me.

Thanks,

Tom Dale (TLD95)
Abarth 500| Bluespark Pro| Red Abarth Side Stripes & Mirrors| Team Heko Wind Deflector's | Carbon Wrapped Roof & Interior | Matt Black Wrapped Spoiler & Door Handles | too be continued ;)

Offline AdeyAbarth

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
Hello mate, sorry to hear of a problem on the first day

I've not heard of the issue before but does sound like a heat shield rattling, if I remember correctly there is only one hanger for the centre section and you would be able to see it hanging down I imagine

because of the bend in the exhaust which goes over the axel if it's a missing rubber that could be causing it
Abarth 595 Competizione 180, Cordolo Red, Red Brembos, Akrapovic Exhaust, Gold Custom Formula Wheels, TMC Box, Hydrodipped Carbon Mirrors and Dash

Offline TLD95

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
Thanks for the quick response!

Just my luck tbh! :( oh well these things happen, thanks for the advise! So hopefully... Fingers crossed, it should be a quick & simple fix? Hopefully!

Abarth 500| Bluespark Pro| Red Abarth Side Stripes & Mirrors| Team Heko Wind Deflector's | Carbon Wrapped Roof & Interior | Matt Black Wrapped Spoiler & Door Handles | too be continued ;)

Offline AdeyAbarth

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
Yeah there's not loads underneath really, I couldn't hear the clip unfortunately

Are you sure it's a metallic rattle as there is some plastic that protects the brake lines under there
Abarth 595 Competizione 180, Cordolo Red, Red Brembos, Akrapovic Exhaust, Gold Custom Formula Wheels, TMC Box, Hydrodipped Carbon Mirrors and Dash

Offline TLD95

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
Hopefully your right,  I'll get straight on it tomorrow & I'd say I'm 99% sure, I could be wrong as you seem to know more about this than myself, i mean ofcourse you would, I've only had the car for like a day! Again thanks for the help, i really appreciate it! I'll let you know when I find out what's up! Thanks again!  :)

Offline AdeyAbarth

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
No worries bud, hope it's sorted quickly

I'm no expert by the way, just fitted a couple exhausts is all and been under the car a fair few times fiddling haha

Offline TLD95

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
And me mate,

Still more of an expert that me then! I wouldn't know where to start haha,

Thanks again!

Offline captpicard

• 695 Member
  • make it so..
    • View Profile
have you managed to sort it yet?
Abarth 500c custom(595)Heko's, PIAA DRL's, black mirror caps, smoked indicators, rear/side privacy tints, BMC filter, blackline official rear lights, black front whisker, rear badge, rear boot handle, boot flap mod...

Offline TLD95

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
Thanks for the help AdeyAbarth, it was what you suggested the heat shield had untucked itself, so it was just a case of unscrewing the screws, tucking it back in & retightening the screws! Thank god! It's all sorted now, the noise that bit of plastic makes is horrendous! It's obvious that Platts haven't even had it on the ramp for the "service" they claimed they did on it though :/ but on the plus side it's all sorted now! Again thanks for the help!

Offline TLD95

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile

It's all sorted now mate, thanks for the concern! How's your abarth? Powerful little things aren't they! Haha

Offline AdeyAbarth

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
No worries bud! Just glad it was so easy to sort 😄

For the service I would be surprised if they even checked it. Surprised that they didn't know or fix the rattle

You coming along to the meet tomorrow?

Offline TLD95

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
No worries bud! Just glad it was so easy to sort 😄

For the service I would be surprised if they even checked it. Surprised that they didn't know or fix the rattle

You coming along to the meet tomorrow?
It was! This is when it's good to be in a forum like this, there's always someone willing to help out!

In all fairness to Platts, when someone test driving it, I doubt they'd get up to speed of, or around 70-80mph, but that being said, it's should of been on a ramp at some point, if it would of been, they would of seen the issue.

But it's sorted now, so it's all good.

& unfortunately I can't make the meet tomorrow, I'm gutted, please do let me know in  the future if there's  a meet in or near the Staffordshire area! & I'll make sure I'm there!

Again thanks for all the help!

Offline captpicard

• 695 Member
  • make it so..
    • View Profile

It's all sorted now mate, thanks for the concern! How's your abarth? Powerful little things aren't they! Haha

Glad your sorted, and it was a simple fix, Platts are crap at the best of times.
Only able to have a quick blast in mine last night as working through the w/e, but yes even the 135 is powerful, and more smiles per mile than any car I've ever had, hope you are now enjoying yours  :)
Abarth 500c custom(595)Heko's, PIAA DRL's, black mirror caps, smoked indicators, rear/side privacy tints, BMC filter, blackline official rear lights, black front whisker, rear badge, rear boot handle, boot flap mod...

Offline captpicard

• 695 Member
  • make it so..
    • View Profile

Offline S13GE

• Events Leader
  • 695 Member
  • Instagram - ts13ger
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud
  • Registration Number: TS13GER
I saw Platts so I knew it would mean problem lol!

glad it's sorted but they take incompetence to a new level

Staffordshire/Derbyshire meets are quite regular and I will be organising a local meet as soon as I can
Modena Yellow 595 Competizione | Performance Pack |  Novitec Challenge Corse Evo Exhaust | TMC Decat | RamAir Induction Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | DNA Camber | M-Tech Short Shifter | Yellow Brembos | Beats Audio  system | 7" Infotainment sat nav | T4P Stage 1 remap:::226bhp/295lbft insta me :D